For 2020, we’re celebrating evolutions, not resolutions (if you missed Anna’s letter yesterday, check it out here). As part of that, we’re proud to bring you a brand new way to get started with GST at home with our GST Introductory Programs!
Good posture is essential for the body to look good and function optimally. But the current ideas of posture need to be evolved. A few things to consider:
- Posture: comes from the word “position”. The human body is never and should never be statically posed (i.e. chest out, shoulders back, neck long, hips just so). Good posture by this definition is impossible to achieve and is actually bad for your body.
- Solid Core: has been associated (incorrectly) with good posture. Solid core principles and practices compromise human physiology and do the opposite, damaging the physiological benefits of good alignment.
- Alignment: is a term for the organization of parts for efficiency of use. Alignment in the body is so very important to efficiency of body systems. Better alignment of a mechanical device improves the ease of operation, simultaneously decreasing wear and tear. The better aligned your body is, the less wear and tear (effects of aging) on the body systems that are keeping you alive and making your life vital. There are many ways to organize things in your body…keep reading!
- Fluid Dynamics: The body is not a solid, it’s 55-70% water. The material that builds the body and holds it together, fascia, is 70% water! Additionally, when fascia is exposed to the effects of gravity, it behaves and moves like a fluid!! Fascia is dynamic and uses different principles for organizing body alignment.
- Tensegrity: is a principle of organization based on dynamic tension in a structure. Since the body is always moving- cell, tissue, organ, system, and organism- fascia creates dynamic alignment through tensegrity, the integrity of tensions in motion.
Come and join us for a revolutionary eye opening experience of exploring the new paradigm of GST Body’s Fluid Core Dynamics™ and how to create vital alignment through fascia tensegrity, to support the whole body- form and function.
This 3 hour workshop will teach you:
- Your true dynamic core- the entire spine and not just your abdominals!
- How to recondition current core tensions that are affecting your body and are negatively experienced as symptoms of neck and shoulder, low back and fibromyalgic type pains and other systemic issues including digestive complaints.
- How to use and power the lever of your spine correctly with continuum mechanics.
- How to move your spine and strengthen it dynamically through full body motion.
- How to find open space and freedom inside your body which feels so good and is so good for you.
Join Anna Rahe on Sunday, June 9 from 9 am-12 pm for this special workshop! $120, at GST Body, 7562 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles 90046.
Make sure to sign up here in advance to reserve your spot!
We always love seeing what we talk about and practice in GST being reinforced with other research and study. So it was great to stumble upon this short reflection on some of Tom Myers’ work recently on a Yoga website.
We are so excited to announce that Anna Rahe’s first book will be released sometime this fall! “From Skin to Soul: The Definitive Guide to Total Body Fascia Care” will put GST and fascia into context for you and explain what you can do at home to experience our special Fascia Care Technology!
Exciting news! An article published by CNN today says “Researchers have detailed the structure and distribution of spaces in your body that they say represent a newfound human organ, and this “organ” just might be your body’s biggest…It’s the part of the body known as the interstitium, a name for widespread, fluid-filled spaces within and between tissues all over your body, according to a study published in the journal Scientific Reports on Tuesday.”
If you already follow us, then you’ve likely heard the news that we were recently featured on an episode of “My Number One”, a podcast from Nancy Hower. Nancy interviews friends about their number one healing experience and then tries the modality out for herself, documenting the experiences in her podcast. We were lucky to be mentioned by our old friend and student Dina Platias, whose interview sent Nancy our way.